The subdivision of land into lots is governed in Washington State by chapter 58.17 RCW
and by Grays Harbor County Code Title 16
which was adopted under that chapter's authority. Grays Harbor County Code Chapter 16.16 governing short subdivisions applies to the division of land into two (2) or more but not more than four (4) parcels where the resulting lots are under five (5) acres in size. Planning staff will review your application and submittal documents for completeness and compliance with GHC subdivision, zoning, and environmental regulations. If the proposal is consistent with the local regulations, staff will issue preliminary approval of the subdivision.
The short subdivision review is a two (2) step process:
- Preliminary approval will include conditions which must be met before
- Final plat approval is issued and the subdivision is recorded.
- Site Plan Review Application and Site Plan
- Short Subdivision Application & Submittal Checklist (Preliminary Approval)
Subdivision Final Review Application (Final Approval)
Record with GHC Auditor
- SEPA Environmental Checklist (if identified during the above Site Plan Review)
Note: Timely processing of your application requires the submission of an accurate description of the subdivision and an accurate plat or sketch-plan. A date-stamp accepting this application for processing will not be issued until all required information and plans are submitted.
Grays Harbor County
100 West Broadway Avenue, Suite 31, Montesano, WA 98563